Since its to cold to go out here is a tea time recipe to make staying home a real treat.
This traditional tea time bread is also a great way of using up those over ripe bananas so they don’t end up in the dustbin.
2 cups cake flour
1 cup sugar
2 big eggs
1 heaped tsp baking powder
1 heaped tsp bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt
3 or 4 very ripe bananas mashed up
- Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and mashed bananas and stir into the butter mixture.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into a loaf pan and bake for 1 hour at 180C.
- Serve slices hot or cold with some butter or cream cheese.