Everyone needs a quick and easy backup biscuit recipe for when unexpected visitors drop in for tea or when the family just feels like something sweet and you really don't want to go all the way to the shop.
So the next time the munchies grab hold of you just whip up a batch of these yummy little treats.
125g margarine or butter
125g castor sugar
1 egg (lightly beaten)
250g cake flour
5ml Vanilla essence (1tsp)
- Cream margarine and sugar
- Stir in the egg and vanilla essence
- Add the flour and mix lightly till it forms a soft dough
- Roll the dough into little balls and flatten slightly with a fork
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for about 10-12 minutes (depending on your stove)
This is so easy and delicious you might want to make a double batch.